Sorry for the long gap between my posts. I am a little tensed for a few days about my mom’s health. She is entering the phase of menopause and having a lot of troubles regarding the issue. I feel to stay with her chatting above everything. So, forgive me, I make sure to continue the series and talk about almost everything about Back to School necessities before the month ends.
Amidst of the entire bustle, studies and other scheduled works we deliberately forget about the needs of our skin. We forget about the vital ingredients of beauty, nourished skin, and healthy hair. So, I have a few tips that would give your skin and hair the most desired nourishment and glow that works best for school or college goers.
First of all the three basic steps for that natural healthy skin- CTM, which means Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing-
- Cleansing:Cleansing is the most important part of skincare. It, not only removes dirt out of your skin, but also it balances your oiliness (if any), opens up your pores and removes dead cells and gives you that extra freshness and clarity. There are several types of cleansers available in the market, like foaming face washes, cleansing milk or lotion or even cleansing wipes. I recommend face washes for those who have oily skin and cleaning milk/lotion for those who have dry skin problems. Cleansing wipes are even good as they are handy and very convenient. Those who are sick of oily skin or have combination skin, I suggest using a face wash that contains neem. It’ll control the excessive emission of oil.
You can use raw milk as a cleanser. Just dab a cotton ball into a bowl of milk and apply on to your skin with gentle round strokes. It purifies your skin and most importantly it’s all natural!
- Toning: Toning is an optional step. So if you don’t get enough time for toning, don’t freak out. Toning just removes any residue of the cleanser you applied before and opens up you pores. It makes the skin ready for moisturizing. Honestly, I always skip this step deliberately.
- Moisturizing: If you have dryness, do use a moisturizer, so that your skin gets the required moisture. Those who have oily skin, apply a moisturizer that is especially for oily skin, use a gel or water-based moisturizer instead of a cream or lotion.
- Now, the basic steps are complete. Now you need to apply a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. Use a sunscreen that has SPF 15 or more. Apply your sunscreen 30 minutes before stepping out as directed by the Skin Cancer Foundation. Apply one ounce of sunscreen to all over the exposed parts of your body. This step must not be skipped!
A few tips:
- As the school goers have to spend a long time, almost 6-7 hours, outside the house, they should be hydrated all the time. So, keep drinking water throughout the school hours. It helps your skin to detoxify.
- Always keep dry/wet wipes in your bag so that you can freshen up yourself whenever you feel like.
- Eat green vegetables. Green vegetables are full of fibers and minerals. Yeah yeah, I know you hate them, but they are your ‘friends with benefits”. Lol 😉 A healthy diet helps you to get healthy and glowing skin and hair. Avoid oily, greasy food. Eat salads and fruits on a regular basis.
- Always use a chapstick or lip balm to avoid dried lips.
- Plenty of sleep is a must for students. At least 8 hours of sleep is required for our health. It helps to get beautiful, healthy skin.
- Exercise regularly. It helps you skin exfoliate by sweating. Plus, it makes you fit and mentally happy and tranquil.
So, what’s your secret of healthy skin?
That’s all for today friends. I will come up with a new Back to School post on tomorrow. Till then keep smiling and be happy. Feel free to comment. If you have a suggestion for me, don’t hesitate, just post as a comment. Please do link your posts in the comment box if you have done similar posts or willing to do one. I would love to add your links in my posts.