Hello people, today I am back with the makeup look that I promised to share with you. Remember my last post where I announced my Association with Revlon? If you haven’t read that post then let me explain it a bit. Revlon and I have associated to present to you a perfect neutral, no-makeup makeup look. Revlon provided the makeup expertise for the 61st Britannia Filmfare Pre-Awards Party, 2016. They showed some really stunning Eye and Lip makeup. The most important part of any look is the base makeup that acts as a canvas. My job is to re-create a pretty basic makeup look that is appropriate for you if-
- you are not much into makeup but you want to have a flawless look for office/work.
- you are a beginner and you don’t want to experiment with dramatic makeup looks.
- you want a quick and easy everyday minimal makeup look.
I was given a specimen picture and told to recreate that look. I have already shown you that picture. Here it is-
Revlon named this look Dare to Bare which I think is totally justified because neutral makeup is not a matter of joke. Creating a perfect neutral makeup look is really a tough job. You have to apply makeup and still you don’t want to look as if you have applied any makeup. It is not as easy as it seems. For me, it was not as challenging as it might have been only because I am a neutral makeup person. I prefer going for very subtle makeup, using neutral colours to my eyes and looking as effortless as possible.
Here is a breakdown of the look-
Step 1- Prepare your skin with Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Makeup and highlight the face using Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator in Peach Light.
Step 2- Apply Revlon Powder Blush in Naughty Nude shade contour towards the hairline of the cheek and then apply Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator Peach Light on the apples of the cheeks, ensure to blend it well.
Step 3- Use Revlon Highlighting Palette Peach Glow as a highlighter, shadow and to contour the eyes, not forgetting the inner corners of the eyes.
Step 4- Fill the lips with Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in Sunstone.
Step 5- To complete the look paint the nails with Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Paint in Lady Look.
This is how I recreated the look-
How I Achieved This Look-
- I started off with applying Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator in Bare Lights on the high points of my face like the apples of my cheeks, forehead, the bridge of my nose and a little bit on my brow bones, chin, and cupid’s bow.
- Next, I applied a thin layer of the Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Foundation in the shade Natural Beige and blended it very well with my fingers first and then with a damp beauty sponge. Then I applied a concealer to camouflage the undereye dark circles and other imperfections on my skin.
- Next, I applied Revlon Photoready Compact in Light/Medium to set my makeup.
- Then I contoured my face very lightly using the darkest shade from the Revlon Highlighting Palette in Peach Glow and I applied the first two shades from the same palette as my blush-cum-highlight.
- For my eyes, I did nothing crazy. I applied the darkest shade from the same highlighting palette to deepen my crease and then applied the last shade to all over my eyelids. Then I lined my upper lash line with a liquid eyeliner and the lower waterline and lash line with a kohl pencil. I finished off the eye makeup with applying generous coats of a voluminous mascara.
- Finally, I applied Revlon HD Lip Lacquer in the shade Sunstone.
I loved using all these products by Revlon to come up with this look for you guys. I think the Photoready range by Revlon is not only for ramp-ready makeup but they can also be incorporated in our day-to-day makeup. I hope you liked the look that I recreated. I will soon be reviewing all the products mentioned in this post. Till then, be safe & keep smiling!
Disclaimer- Revlon was too kind to send across the products for me to recreate the look as well as review them for you. Thank you, Revlon!