Hello everyone, how are you doing? Today I have come up with a number of tips on how to look best in photographs. I hope you enjoy this post. Let’s start-
Makeup for photography is entirely different from the makeup we do for normal days. The flash not only brightens up your face but also it takes away the natural colours and shadows from your face. Plus, the millions of pixels in a photograph emphasizes even the pettiest flaw in your makeup. Today, I am sharing some tips with you so that you can look your best in the photographs and I am sure it will lessen your post-processing time.
First thing first, you need to prepare your face pretty well before putting on your makeup. Make sure you cleanse and moisturize your face nicely. You would not want your camera to emphasize those rebellious dry patches on your cheeks, chin or around your mouth. Don’t forget your lips!
1. Define Your Brows: Flash photography can emphasize sparse eyebrows. It can even wash out those brows that look quite thick in reality. So, make sure you define your eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil or powder or any brow defining gel. Finish it off with applying some clear brow gel or clear mascara on top of it to keep it in place.
Used a deep brown eye-shadow to fill in my brows
2. Choose the Right Foundation: Foundation helps to even out your skin tone giving you the perfect canvas to work on. Do not choose a foundation that is way lighter than your skin tone. It would not make your look fair rather it would make your skin appear as a mask in the photographs. Nobody want that, right?
Used Lakme CC Cream as a base/foundation
3. Never Forget to Conceal: You must not skip the step of concealing your under-eye area and your blemishes or breakouts. Let’s admit it, everyone wants to look perfect on photographs. Your dark circles might ruin your whole makeup. Plus, concealer helps brighten up your face.
4. Contour Your Face: Contouring is not only for making your face look slimmer. It actually brings back the structure to your face that your foundation takes away. It gives a depth and definition to your face that saves your face from looking flat in photographs.
5. Tight-lining Your Eyes: This is a step that instantly brings changes to your eyes. After lining your eyes line your upper and lower waterline. By lining your upper waterline you can fill in the gaps that show through your lashes, especially you have scarce eyelashes. It will make your lashes thicker. I love doing this step.
Used Maybelline Colossal Kajal to tightline my eyes
6. Focus on Your Lips: No matter which lip shade you choose, make sure you line your lips before putting on any lip colour. If you have thinner upper lip, make sure to overdraw it so that it looks fuller on camera. Apply some concealer around the outline of your lips to make everything neat.
Lipstick- MAC Plumful, Lip-liner- Maybelline Midnight Plum
I hope this post helps you to get your best photograph. If you have any more tips then share them with me in the comments below. Thanks for reading!
This post is inspired by Rewardme’s post- 5 Easy Ways to Perfect Mobile Makeup. Find it here.
I am participating in the ‘Ready For Rewards’ activity for Rewardme in association with BlogAdda.