As you are reading this post, I have just turned 30 somewhere under the blue sky. To be very honest, I have been thinking about this day since my early 20s. Turning 30 is like turning my mom’s age when she had two school-going kids! Most of the 90s girls can relate to this weird feeling where turning 30 has always seemed to feel like a distant dream and at the same time, it has been too tempting to step into this new milestone in life. Anyway, to sum up, I would say that I am a little nervous yet very excited to enter this new phase in my life. After all, you age like a fine wine and also someone told me 30 is the new 20!
Like every other person in this world, these thirty years of my life has taught me so many things- good, bad, ugly that gradually and eventually helped me grow as a human being and made me who I am today. These events have taught me not to regret anything in life rather make your failures your opportunities to start afresh in life. Today, in this post, I will tell you 30 things I have learned before I turned 30. This post might get a little lengthy but I promise I won’t make it boring!
To me, ageing is like an upgradation. With every year, you upgrade your inner and outer self, your mental state and your life’s vision by adding or eliminating things, vibes and people depending how much value these things are adding to your life. 30 is the age when you are almost aware of the fact that it’s more practical to stop clinging onto things or persons that no longer serve you and there is nothing wrong in that. The only way we age, at least for me, is all in our mind. For instance, mentally, I feel I am still in my early twenties or maybe late teens. That’s why I never dreaded turning 30 though it surely feels crazy to realise how time flew and landed me here.
Anyway, let’s start the part you are here for! Thirty years is enough to learn almost 90% of our life lessons. Some might have been hard for you and some might have been delightful but overall they all have helped you to grow into this beautiful person that you are now. Here, I am sharing mine-
30 Things I Learnt Before I Turned 30
- Love other people but not at the cost of your self-esteem.
- Never take any moment of your life for granted.
- Live in the moment.
- Everything happens when it’s destined to happen. Never force anything.
- Family comes first.
- Get out of a toxic relationship be it your family member.
- Sometimes it is better to silently distance yourself from people rather than get yourself into a conflict.
- Count your blessing.
- There is nothing like being humble and kind.
- People can be qualified yet uneducated.
- Find joy in little things.
- There is nothing called a right time to start living.
- There is no replacement for hard work.
- It’s okay to reset and start afresh.
- Taking breaks are necessary.
- Only invest in something that brings you peace.
- Mental peace is the most important.
- Never let anyone take your emotions for granted.
- It’s okay not to be in everyone’s good books.
- Journaling helps overthinkers a lot.
- Sunsets are my most favourite thing to watch every day.
- The moon/moonlight makes me happy.
- Negativity attracts negativity. So, it’s better to distance yourself from negative people and negative thoughts.
- When you stop procrastinating, great things happen.
- Patience is the key.
- Not everyone is qualified to be called a friend.
- Pretence irritates me to the core.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover.
- Life becomes more beautiful when you embrace it without asking anything in return.
- NEVER GIVE UP. Good things happen when you least expect it.
Even though turning 30 is still so far from reality to me, I am going to cherish every moment of this new phase in my life, make memories, be hopeful and grateful and lastly, I will always stay young at heart. Looking forward to the journey ahead ❤️️