Chikankari kurtis are Indian outfits that have been traditionally worn by women in India since ancient times. The clothing features detailed designs created using traditional hand-embroidery methods called chikankari. It resembles zardozi, which uses gold thread rather than silver thread to produce designs in clothes. Formerly confined to kurtas, kurti sets, and salwar-kameez, there are now multiple chikankari outfits accessible out there in the market. However, if you don’t own any chikankari kurtis, you should definitely buy one for this coming summer. Chikankari kurtis are lightweight and agile and can be paired with a number of bottoms like salwar, straight-fit pants, leggings, and skirts, making them the perfect ethnic clothing for daily wear. The chikankari kurtis can be styled in a casual fashion paired with jeans or elevated for a special event with jewellery, dupattas, and other add-ons.
Most importantly, when it comes to the chikankari kurtis fabric, it’s required that you choose cotton or cotton silk fabric. The apparel in absolute-cotton fabric looks majestic and graceful and goes with any jewellery or footwear. For women with slim figures, refined designs in moderate sizes work best. Choose a special colour that makes you feel comfortable and confident. There are several ways you can wear chikankari kurtis, and we have listed them below:
- Go all-white: Nowadays, all-white apparel can be noticed in a variety of situations. A white chikankari kurti with a white chikankari cotton palazzo and a delicately woven dupatta might be the perfect outfit for a lunchtime event. Add ornamentations with mirroring work and gorgeous juttis to turn the basic look into a jaw-dropping ensemble in a flash.
- Dupatta shrug: Still, you can turn your dupatta into a new jacket over your chikankari kurtis if you don’t like wearing dupattas the usual way. Wear the dupatta like a shrug and strap a belt to give you a dignified look. Transform your look by choosing a bandhani dupatta over a white chikankari kurti.
- Denim jacket – If you’re more of a Boho girl, then adapt the Bohemian vibe into your ensemble by layering your chikankari kurtis with a denim jacket. You can complete this look with oxidised jhumkas and bangles and turn it into the perfect festive outfit.
There are different styles of chikankari kurtis available in the market and some of them are
- Block-printed chikankari kurtis: These chikankari kurtis are the season’s treat because the expansive white thread work on printed georgette cloth gives the dress a surreal look.
- Chikankari Anarkali kurti: If you want to wear chikankari kurtis to a marriage, you can go for the Anarkali style kurti that can be teamed with a heavily embroidered dupatta and leggings.
- Floral-printed chikankari kurti: You can never go wrong with floral print, so embrace this sweet print in your chikankari kurti and team it up with white chikankari palazzos. Finalize your look with jewellery and mojaris.
So these are the few things you should know about chikankari kurti. If you have a collection of it then great but if you don’t then you could refer these.
Featured Image Courtesy: pinterest.com/vogueindia/