Winters aren’t the easiest of times. It means you have to be more careful about everything you do for yourself. In India, the weather in winter is the most pleasant of all. It is the only 3 months in the calendar without heat, humidity and sweat. So, we Indians tend to take as many advantages of this season as possible. Winter is the time when we plan more outings, picnics and road trips. Here I am sharing some tips that you must consider to make your vehicle winter road trip ready.
- Take Your Car for a Service: As you need to shop before your trip, your car also needs some upgrades to get ready for the trip. Ask your mechanic to check your car’s engine, radiator and battery well. In winters, having a fast start is quite hard.Make sure the tires are in a perfect condition. It’s really important to get them checked before they hit the road.
Find your nearest car service centre at www.cars.com
- Have an Emergency Kit Ready: No matter if you are driving alone or with your family, keeping an emergency kit with you is always a wise idea. Your kit should contain booster cables, air compressor, extra windshield washer fluid, flashlights and first aid kit.
- Headlights: Your headlights need some extra attention as during winters you get less time for daylight. Check beforehand if your headlights are properly aimed and all the lights work well.
- Oil Tank: Never fill your tank more than halfway. It’s ok to stop a few more times for fuel than to start with a full-tank.
- Winter-ready Tires: Make sure all four of your tires are winter tires. The so-called all-season tires might not work well for a long, long trip. It’s ok to spend some more money than to regret later.
- Battery: Charge your battery well before starting your trip.
- Take your car for an Emission test: Before setting off on a long trip, make sure your vehicle is functioning properly.
- Pack Everything well: Before heading out, make sure you have kept all your documents (license, insurance, PUC etc). Also, make sure you have taken your chargers, enough USB cable, food and water, warm clothes etc.
- Final Check: Your final check will be to check if your GPS is working properly and you have taken a look at the weather report and then you are finally good to start your long-planned trip.
That was it for today’s post. I hope you found this post helpful. Make sure to share it with your family and friends if you did. Pour in your thoughts in the comments. Your comments encourage me a lot! Do subscribe to our Newsletter so that you get notified whenever there is a new post on the blog. Will talk to you in my next post. Till then, be safe & keep smiling! Follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for regular updates. Add me on Snapchat for more fun and a sneak-peek of my life.