My favourites of Day 1 of the Lakme Fashion Week are-
- ILK by Shikha Goel and Vinita Adhikari- ILK brought some freshness to the ramp with their ‘out of the box’ idea of fashion. From checkered prints to shirt-saree combo to sweatshirt dress, their collection reigned the ramp with individuality.
- Nikhil Thampi– Nikhil Thampi succeeded in wooing the audience as usual with his classy and elegant designs. He described his collection, Alchemy, to be an ‘amalgamation of modern and mythical India’. His clothes had the aspects of two sides of India, one modern and another classics. From bold colours to neutrals, his design was truly appropriate for a new-edge bride. I loved his collection!
- Manish Malhotra- How can I forget mentioning the man himself, Manish Malhotra. His designs always set the stage on fire. He showed some seriously classy dark colours, bold prints and bollywood style sequin work. The men’s collection was totally a pleasure to look at. And yes, the ever-so-hot ‘Kapoor lad’ was the show-stopper!
- Rinku Sobti- I liked the vibrant hues and out of the box designs of her collection. She re-created some modern designs on Indian fabrics. The gorgeous, Gauahar Khan walked the ramp for her.
- Anita Dongre- Designer Anita Dongre exhibited an exquisite collection of designs featuring her line, Grassroot which showcased outfits inspired by different Indian handicrafts. She also featured the Gujarati craftswomen in her show.
My favourites from Day 3 are-
- Ankur & Priyanka Modi (am:pm)– With monochromes to bold colours and motifs , Ankur and Priyanka Modi was able to make there own footprints on the ramp.
- Namrata Joshipura– Namrata Joshipura made a stunning spectrum of blue on the ramp with her collection. The cute Shraddha Kapoor walked the ramp for her. Here’s a look-
- Masaba Gupta– The vibrant hues and quirk prints made Masaba Gupta’s show a memorable one at the Lakme Fashion Week, 2015. Sooraj Pancholi walked the ramp for her.
- Urvashi Kaur– I loved the pastels and monochromatic hues and simplistic designs by her. She proves that fashion is not always the glitz and glamour.
- Anushree Reddy– Anushree Reddy’s show was full of bridal inspired clothing. From pastels to florals and sequin works, it was a delight to my eyes.
- Tarun Tahiliani– Tarun Tahiliani showcased the exquisite collection from Reliance Trends. His collection was gorgeous with basic bold colours like black with gold detailing, reds with geometric prints and grey with simplicity.
- Gaurav Gupta– This post will be incomplete without the mention of a magnificent Grand Finale by Gaurav Gupta, who transformed the ramp into a fairy tale. I have been reading different posts on social medias and saw some pictures and it was a delight to my eyes. This is a true example where fantasy met fashion and elegance met excellence. This was a perfect closing for this year’s Lakme Fashion Week. The bold and beautiful, Kareena Kapoor Khan walked the ramp for him.