Hello all! I was missing in action for a long time. Actually I had lost my enthusiasm and the will and determination somewhere. I know this cannot be an excuse but I had to tell you what happened to me. Anyways, as I am back, I want to share with you guys the review about a product that I loved during the month of February. If you read my January Favourites post, you must have seen a product I mentioned there. Yes, I am talking about the much raved product, the Naked Potion Lotion.
I received this product in my January Fab Bag (read about the January Fab Bag here) and since then I am loving this product a lot. Naked is an organic skincare line by the gorgeous supermodel, Lisa Haydon. The thing I liked the most about this moisturizer is it is 100% organic and preservative free.
Product Category: Moisturizer Brand: NAKED Price: 1,300 INR for 200gms (Available at fabbag.com)
NAKED Potion Lotion by Lisa Haydon
Packaging: The Naked Potion Lotion comes in a glass jar with a metallic gold screw cap. A small note about the product and the brand, printed on a hand-made paper, also comes attached with the jar with a jute twine. The packaging makes the product more natural and rustic.
NAKED Potion Lotion by Lisa Haydon
NAKED Potion Lotion by Lisa Haydon
NAKED Potion Lotion by Lisa Haydon
The Product: The Naked Potion Lotion is a light-weight moisturizer with a lotion-like consistency. The cream is white in colour. It has Aloe, Rose hip oil, Geranium, Avocado and Lavender extracts which nourishes the skin and revitalizes it.
On my hand
My Experience: My first impression about the product was ‘OMG! It’s by Lisa Haydon!”. Lisa, I think, is one of the hottest supermodels and is blessed with a great skin. At first, when I received the product, I was happy because I thought it will help me get a fresh and dewy skin like Lisa Haydon. And, it did. I have used it throughout the month of February and as it was cold, my skin didn’t act up. The cream, as I told you earlier, is very light-weight and blends very well into the skin. It has a cooling effect to it that your skin feels rejuvenated at once. It gives the skin a dewy finish that is good for dry skin beauties. As my skin is super-dry in winters, it’s good for me in winter but in summer it accentuates my oily zones and my skin looks greasy. The cream has a nice and fresh fragrance that keeps reminding you that it’s a 100% organic product. As this is a pure organic product, it’s best before 3 months from the date of packaging and lasts longer if stored in refrigerator. My overall experience with this product is good. I think it’s good for me to use it during winter than in summer.
My rating- 9/10
Will I buy it again- Yes, in the next winter!
I highly recommend this product to all dry skin beauties and those who have oily/combination skin, you can also try it in winters.
Thanks for reading the review throughout. I hope you guys have enjoyed it. Please feel free to comment down below. Have a great day ahead. See you next time with a haul post J
Hello lovelies, I hope you’re doing great this year. This year has started off really well and I hope the goodness pursues. This post is a monthly favourites post. This will be my first ‘favourites’ post and henceforth I will be doing similar posts for every month.
Today I am going to share with you guys the products I loved using in January. So here they are-
1.I Love… Strawberries & Milkshake Body Butter: A few months back I won a giveaway at Shubha’s blog, Blue Velvet Addict and this product, with some other goodies, came as a prize. I was using my Vaseline body lotion then but I was really getting eager to try out the body butter as soon as possible. I started using it in January. I love, love, love this product!! I don’t know if I have succeeded in make you understand how deeply I am in love with this or not, but I meant each word that I just scribbled. It smells like strawberry and cream and kind of strawberry smoothie, whatever it is, it has a divine smell. I like to apply it on my hands after bath. It makes my skin supple throughout the day and makes me smell like dessert 😛
2. Naked Potion Lotion: The moment I received it in my January Fab Bag, I started using it. I have not used it throughout January but still it is my favourite for this month. In case you guys are wondering, Naked is an organic skincare line by supermodel Lisa Haydon. The Potion Lotion is actually a face moisturizer which makes my face nourished, healthy and also it makes my skin look beautifully dewy. What I loved about the cream is the not-so-thick not-so-light perfect texture, the visible effects and its natural ingredients. It has a weird smell which initially made me a little irritated but now I like the natural, non-chemical smell. As it’s very moisturizing, I have to use it up within this winter because I might not be able to use it in the summers as I have a very oily t-zone which makes my entire face greasy L I am planning to do an entire blog-post on this product.
3. Lotus Herbals 3-in-1 Matte Look Daily Sunblock: This product is my all time favourite. I am sure everyone among you knows about this product quite well. This is my favourite because- (a) It has a matte formula which is hard to find in a sunscreen (b) It smells good, (c) It is super inexpensive. Also it has SPF 40 and UVA and UVB protection as well. I will keep purchasing it always.
4. Pre-Botanix Anti-dandruff Shampoo and Conditioner by Raaga Professional: Since my hair is super oily and full of dandruff throughout the winter, I needed an extremely good shampoo to get rid of the flaky scalp. This shampoo and conditioner duo was actually recommended by my hair-stylist. I have been using this from the first week of January. I use it every 2ndday and it claims to show you visible difference with 4 weeks. Well, for that matter, it’s my 3rd week with the product and I can see the lack of flakes in my hair. This shampoo doesn’t damage your hair and the conditioner is just the best. You don’t need to have dandruff problem to use the conditioner, you can use it with any shampoo. It makes your hair soft and touchable. I don’t know where else it’s available in India; I bought it from my salon friend. I recommend the Pro-Botanix Anti Dandruff shampoo if you’ve stubborn dandruff like I have.
5. Maybelline The Hyper Curl Volume Express Mascara: This has been my HG mascara ever since I started using it! This mascara has everything you need for your lashes. It stretches, lengthens, curls and gives an amazing effect to your eyes.
6. Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick- Eternal Rose: Since I am into blod lippies for this month, this has been my favourite. It is a lovely rosy pink colour which suits me a lot. It just brightens up my face. Only one down point for this lipstick could be its drying tendency. Otherwise everything is great with it. It’s matte, it’s bold and it’s pretty!
7. Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel EyeLiner: This is my first time trying out a gel liner. I needed one and felt to try the Maybelline one first. Reason- its reasonable price. I have loved this so much that I keep this on the top of my vanity table so that I can grab it anytime. This is my favourite go to eyeliner now.
8. Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner: I was too much into eye makeup products this January. Recently I ran out of my Maybelline Colossal Kajal and I went on shopping to buy the most raved Loreal Kajal Magique. But sadly, the nearby departmental store didn’t have that in stock. So, I opted for the one that was available there. It was the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner. I have used it before and I love this product so much. I love applying it on both upper and lower lash line. It has an intense black colour and it glides on very well.
9. Kryolan Dermacolor Camouflage Crème: If you are following my blog, you guys must have seen my review about this product. I have loved this product since I purchased it. This is my HG product to camouflage my wretched dark circles. I apply it underneath my eyes and top it up with my concealer and I am ready to go. This product is worth being in the ‘Favourites’ list. Read my review here.
So, this is pretty much it. I think I’ve discussed about all the products. These products were my favourites for the month of January. Some of them might become my all time favourites. I hope you’ll have enjoyed reading my post. See you in my next post 🙂
Hi all! I hope you all are doing great. Temperature her is increased a bit, so now I am always in a comfy and warm mood. I know I am running a bit late in blogging, I am not posting regularly. I want you to know that my studies for Post-Graduation have began and I am always filled with Edward II or The Tempest, so blogging has become slower than ever. Nevertheless, today I am going to post a sneak-peek of what I got in this year’s January FAB BAG. So, let’s jump into the post.
As I told many times before that I have been so lucky since I subscribed to the Velvette Fab Bag. I hhave never got anything that has disappointed me so much. This month’s bag was not an exception. I have got some lovely products, one of which is a lip product that made me happy J
This is the overview of what came in my January Fab Bag-
The January Fab Bag is the worst bag I have received after the October one. It is a red coloured bag which is so cheap-looking. I didn’t like the bag at all.
Here is the list of products I received in the Bag-
2. Nyassa Alphonso Body Butter 3. Naked Potion Lotion 4. The Nature’s Co Spearmint Body Wash (Bonus)
The lip gloss is my favourite product from this bag. This is an everyday n*de shade with some shimmers.
This body butter is less like body butter and more like a concentrated lotion. It smells like mango smoothie and reminds me of the ‘mango days’ in summer.
The Naked is a handmade, organic skincare line by supermodel Lisa Haydon. I have got the Potion Lotion by Naked which is a face moisturizing lotion. I love this because I love using organic products and it’s also preservative free.
The card provided by the website which consists of the products-list, says it’s the The Nature’s Co Lavender Body Lotion whereas I actually have got The Nature’s Co Spearmint Body Wash. Anyways, I personally didn’t like the strong minty smell. But I don’t mind using it as it’s a bonus item.
Also, I have got this cute calender 🙂
The overall experience with the January Fab Bag is great. I have got some nice products including a Sally Hansen and a Naked product. With this, my 3 months subscription comes to an end and I am definitely convinced to subscribe again.
Thanks for reading my post everyone. Now here is a news for you. I have just created a Facebook page for this blog. I want to thank everyone who have Liked this page and those who have not liked my page yet, please do it now. I need your love and support. I am also listing my other social networking sites below-