I am not blessed with good hair. Congratulations to those who are. Every time I leave my hair open and step outside, it starts to behave in a weird way. I generally travel by public transport(local trains, most of the time) and love the window-seats. No matter how well you’ve applied your hair-spray you can’t avoid hitting by a continuous wave of wild wind and finally turning into a mass of hey or a scarecrow. Whenever I decide to let my hair open I end up changing my mind because it is either too hot outside or I start to feel uncomfortable (I am a bun and ponytail person, guys!).
Packing my bag for a day, I always forget to pack hair-ties or clips which leads to an absolute mayhem and I come home with a knotty and messy hair. I have recently come across an article on Rewardme, which I felt is wrote for me and lots of others who face the same problem. This article shows five products that can be proved essential if you have a bad hair day. These five things are-
1. Bobby Pins- Bobby pins need no introduction. We all know how victorious is the moment when we find a bobby pin in our purse to grab a rebellious lock of hair. You hair is all over the place or your bun becoming way too messy, don’t worry you have got a saviour, a bobby pin! The article also teaches you the right way to put a bobby pin.
2.Dry Shampoo: Dry shampoos come in handy if you have a oily scalp like mine. My hair starts to get oily from the second day. As soon as it seems oily it seems thin and unhealthy. All you have to do is to keep a travel-sized dry shampoo in you purse, spray it whenever you need it and it will make your hair look fresher and healthier instantly.
3.Hairspray: Just as I mentioned earlier, hairsprays (for me, a strong hold is must) are must-have if you have terribly unruly hair like mine.
4. Mini-toothbrush: Now, I was completely unaware of this thing. Thanks you Rewardme for this tip! A tooth-brush has manifold usages. You can spray some hairspray onto the brush and use it to tame your baby hairs along the hairline or the frisky flyaways.
5. Clear Ponytail Holders: This one is my favourite among all as I love to do it myself every time I feel uncomfortable with the open hair. It is the easiest way to manage your unruly hair yet look fashionably attractive. Just tie up your hair in a ponytail using clear ponytail holders.
That’s all for this article. I found it really helpful because most of us have to (almost) fight to make our hair look perfect for the day. Somedays your hair behaves well and somedays it is unruly as hell. I hope you guys found the article helpful too. Feel free to share your opinions in the comments.
“I am participating in the ‘Ready For Rewards’ activity for Rewardme in association with BlogAdda.”
Hello everyone, how are you doing? Today I have come up with a number of tips on how to look best in photographs. I hope you enjoy this post. Let’s start-
Makeup for photography is entirely different from the makeup we do for normal days. The flash not only brightens up your face but also it takes away the natural colours and shadows from your face. Plus, the millions of pixels in a photograph emphasizes even the pettiest flaw in your makeup. Today, I am sharing some tips with you so that you can look your best in the photographs and I am sure it will lessen your post-processing time.
First thing first, you need to prepare your face pretty well before putting on your makeup. Make sure you cleanse and moisturize your face nicely. You would not want your camera to emphasize those rebellious dry patches on your cheeks, chin or around your mouth. Don’t forget your lips!
1. Define Your Brows: Flash photography can emphasize sparse eyebrows. It can even wash out those brows that look quite thick in reality. So, make sure you define your eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil or powder or any brow defining gel. Finish it off with applying some clear brow gel or clear mascara on top of it to keep it in place.
Used a deep brown eye-shadow to fill in my brows
2. Choose the Right Foundation: Foundation helps to even out your skin tone giving you the perfect canvas to work on. Do not choose a foundation that is way lighter than your skin tone. It would not make your look fair rather it would make your skin appear as a mask in the photographs. Nobody want that, right?
Used Lakme CC Cream as a base/foundation
3. Never Forget to Conceal: You must not skip the step of concealing your under-eye area and your blemishes or breakouts. Let’s admit it, everyone wants to look perfect on photographs. Your dark circles might ruin your whole makeup. Plus, concealer helps brighten up your face.
4. Contour Your Face: Contouring is not only for making your face look slimmer. It actually brings back the structure to your face that your foundation takes away. It gives a depth and definition to your face that saves your face from looking flat in photographs.
5. Tight-lining Your Eyes: This is a step that instantly brings changes to your eyes. After lining your eyes line your upper and lower waterline. By lining your upper waterline you can fill in the gaps that show through your lashes, especially you have scarce eyelashes. It will make your lashes thicker. I love doing this step.
Used Maybelline Colossal Kajal to tightline my eyes
6. Focus on Your Lips: No matter which lip shade you choose, make sure you line your lips before putting on any lip colour. If you have thinner upper lip, make sure to overdraw it so that it looks fuller on camera. Apply some concealer around the outline of your lips to make everything neat.
Lipstick- MAC Plumful, Lip-liner- Maybelline Midnight Plum
I hope this post helps you to get your best photograph. If you have any more tips then share them with me in the comments below. Thanks for reading!
This post is inspired by Rewardme’s post- 5 Easy Ways to Perfect Mobile Makeup. Find it here.
I am participating in the ‘Ready For Rewards’ activity for Rewardme in association with BlogAdda.
We all love to shop, especially ladies. Women shop for two reasons- firstly, necessity and lastly, impulsiveness. I consider myself as an impulsive shopper. I know a lot of you would tag yourselves as impulsive shoppers as well. Shopping in impulsion has its own consequences, most important of them being excessive expense. You could literally make a hole in your own pocket. But then there are a few cheat tricks that can keep a tight rein on your expenditure. I, myself, have a few formulas to save as much money as possible from a purchase. Let me share them with you-
1. Make a List: Before leaving for shopping, make a list of the things that you really need. A list won’t allow you to shop for unnecessary items. Sometimes we forget what we needed by the time we reach the shop. A list will remind you about the things you need so that you don’t get lost into the aisles full of alluring stuff. It also saves your valuable time.
2.Bring Cash: After making the list, make an estimate of how much money should be needed for certain purchase. Bring only that amount with you. It will make sure you won’t shop impulsively.
3. Shopping Online: Let it consider the boon of internet, shopping has never been easier than this. Online shopping has cleared the fence between possible and impossible. Shopping international products that you had never thought could be procured to your country, is now as easy as making a smoothie (pardon me for this bizarre comparison). The main reason why I love shopping online is because there are always some sales going on there. You can buy your desired article no matter where you live. Some products that are newly launched and you can’t find it in your area, online shopping is always the solution. Being a small town girl, I know that better than anybody. If you can’t find any deals in-store, you must find one online.
4. Coupons and Discounts: Alot of couponssites are there that provide discount coupon codes and deals for your online purchase. They offer you some exclusive deals and discounts on several online stores that you might not have found before. You can get great deals on cosmetics, clothing, movie tickets, restaurants and many more. As an instance, if you are looking for exclusive discounts for a specific site, simply search for Online Discount Coupons for the site, and you will be navigated to your desired site and then you can choose your discount coupons as per your requirement.
5. Keep Yourself Focused: Now, this is all up to you. Just concentrate on what your need is and what would be unnecessary for that moment. When it comes to makeup products, we women don’t feel anything is unnecessary. We try to find out excuses like “I don’t have this particular shade of lipstick!” or “All my nail polishes would dry out in a few days!”, but we don’t realize that we are just being impulsive. If you really need to save money then don’t listen to the SA. He/She will tempt you saying “This will look great on you!” or “Buy ‘this’ and ‘that’ along with ‘these’ and you can get a free makeup pouch!”. You just say ‘NO’ because you have already bought what you needed the most. Ignore and make the payment and you will bring a happy wallet with you to home.
I hope these tips will be helpful for you. Try out yourselves and let me know if any of these worked for you or not. Also, if you have some money-saving tricks that you want to share with me, then feel free to write a comment. Be blessed.
It’s the time of the year when pretty summer dresses and cute maxis are replaced by exquisite cholis and traditional salwars. That’s right! We are talking about Diwali, Dussehra and many more festivals which are just around the corner. Elle 18 tells you how to gear up for the festivities with new rules, new textures and new tricks!
Elle 18’s make-up cheat sheet is the perfect guideline to add sparkle to your eyes
Ditch the boring black kohl for every outfit- It’s time to dial up the drama element with eye sparklers in vibrant colours of purple, silver,blue and grey. Even better, team it up with the kajal.
The not-so-conventional one’s amongst you can add a warm brown eye shadow along the crease, apply some mascara on your lashes and kohl on the inner rim.
Keep Calm on the Face+ Shiny on the Lips
Opt for Elle 18’s Sleek Glow Foundation which will make your face glow and ensure a perfect finish.Rub it onto your cheekbones and blend upwards towards your eye for a glowing rosy complexion. It will help your makeup stay locked in place and keep it from evaporating too quickly.
If you want to keep it simple, go for shiny lips that will make heads turn at any puja! Elle 18’s Strawberry Blast Lip Smoothie goes brilliantly with any lip smoothie to ensure your lips look soft and pouty all day.
Let your lips do the talking
A rich textured color palette with shades of red, mauve, maroon, plum, coral are every festive season’s hot favorites and every girl’s ‘go to’ look for any occasion. Enjoy those lip smacking Diwali delicacies and ensure your lips do more than just that, by applying Elle 18’s color pops like Strawberry Falls or Rosy Blush to seal your lips with care and colour.
Pale lips are also a huge trend this season. So if you decide to go wild in the eyes then go nude on the lips. You can try Elle 18’s Vanilla Heat Lip Smoothie to achieve this look.
So go all out and look gorgeous this festive season.
Getting ready for school/college can be a mess if you don’t have a step-by-step plan to do your makeup and hair. I usually never liked the idea of putting a lot of makeup on my face when I was in school. But I am listing here 5 simple and essential step of makeup that you can easily wear for school/college.
Shape and Fill in Your Brows: Shaping your brows and filling them in is very important because your eyebrows are responsible for the prompt upturn of your beauty. Properly shaped and filled eyebrows can make you look more defined.
Apply Tinted Moisturizer: Tinted moisturizers or BB creams help you get an even skin as well as retouch and correct the skin. Replacing your foundations with BB creams is a smart idea, because foundations are too heavy for the skin and mostly when you have to spend long hours. BB creams or tinted moisturizers are very lightweight and doesn’t give you that cakey and artificial look which you don’t want to have.
Lip gloss: Lip glosses are more wearable than lipsticks when you are doing makeup for school/college because they give you a subtle look. Or instead you can use a tinted lip balm to stain your lips.
Apply a Natural Blush: This step is self-explanatory. Don’t be playful with colors when you’re getting ready for school/college. Using a natural blush shade you can get the most natural look.
Apply Eyeliner and Mascara: After curling your lashes, tight-line your eyes using a kohl pencil and line the upper and lower lash line as well. Use a pencil liner to achieve a natural look. Don’t forget to apply coats of mascara on your lashes. You can use transparent mascara.
Now if you dine all the steps, you are good to go. You don’t need anything more. Remember one thing, Natural is everything. Now wear your precious smile and see the world embracing you.
Well, with this post, the Back to School series ends. I don’t know if I have disappointed you guys or not. If yes, then please forgive me. I am very new to this world of beauty blogging and improving myself bit by bit. I love all of you who showed interest in my posts and liked them. I want to grow my blog so please come up with your suggestions. They mean a lot to me. Any suggestion, query or comment is welcome. Feel free to share this post. I will be up in a while with another review. Till then, keep smiling and stay healthy.