GO EYECONIC WITH WHITE
BREAK THE CODES WITH WHITE ON YOUR EYES THIS NEW YEAR
LAKME LAUNCHES 5 NEW SHADES IN THE EYECONIC KAJAL PORTFOLIO
Mumbai, 23rd December, 2013: After the phenomenal success of Lakmé Eyeconic Black Kajal, Lakmé brings home yet another international trend in the form of Lakmé Eyeconic White- an innovation that’s likely to break all codes of traditional kajal usage. For years, the black kajal has remained an integral part of an Indian woman’s beauty regime, but the new Lakmé Eyeconic White promises to change the game for eye make-up. Spotted at several runways internationally this is a first of its kind introduction by Lakmé in India. Along with white, Lakmé also introduces four must-have shades of brown, blue, grey and green to the Eyeconic collection.
The Eyeconic shades by Lakmé are easy to apply and require zero maintenance, just like your regular black. In merely one stroke the kajal promises a smudge-free professional finish up to 10 hours. It comes with a waterproof formulation that allows one to be carefree while washing face or even travelling. It is dermatologically tested and is safe to apply with its two-way retractable twist-up format.
Talking about this new high-performance product, Arun Srinivas, VP Skin Care and Makeup, Lakmé says, “Indian women love to accentuate their eyes and the kajal remains an irreplaceable favourite. The success of Eyeconic Black encouraged us to look beyond the ordinary and we realize that our consumers are looking for subtle yet strong beauty statements that can enhance their overall look. Bearing this in mind, we now introduce the Eyeconic White – first of its kind innovation with a unique white packaging along with four more interesting shades that will take eye makeup to a new direction altogether.”
Speaking about the outstanding looks created for Eyeconic’s new range, Natasha Nischol, Lakmé Make-up Expert mentions, “The new range of Eyeconic is extremely unique and promising. White is an exciting color for the eyes, which can be used in the waterline to open up your eyes, or in the inner corners for the hint of brightness. Alternately you could also use it on the upper eye lids alone or with another color for a more dramatic effect. We have crafted some amazing looks with Kareena Kapoor to showcase the potential of this unusual color. Each color from the range is very unique and thoughtfully chosen to suit the Indian skin type. As a make-up professional, I am confident that this launch will surely create waves in the beauty and fashion scene in India.”
To get you started, Natasha Nischol has shared a cheat sheet with some quick eye looks to help you perfect the ‘white eye look’ this season.
Shades of Lakme Eyeconic Kajal are priced at Rs 250 (0.35 gm) and will be available at all leading beauty stores starting 21st December 2013.
About Lakmé: The contemporary and expert in the beauty industry, Lakmé continuously innovates to offer a wide range of, high performance color cosmetics, skincare products, and beauty salons. In addition to leveraging Unilever’s worldwide expertise, Lakmé also partners with the leading cosmetic house; Milan-based Intercos Italia, Schwann Stabilo Germany and Paris-based Fiabila. Combining international cosmetic technology with an in-depth understanding of the Indian woman’s needs, Lakmé also offers its consumers a comprehensive beauty experience through its products and services at the Lakmé Salons and Studios. For further information log on to http://www.facebook.com/iloveLakmé or www.lakmeindia.com
- To get the look right, it is essential to use compact or loose powder to set the foundation and control oil.
- Use Avon Glimmerstick Diamond Eyeliner– Twilight sparkle and create a thick/thin liner, depending on your preference.
- Smudge the liner to get an eye shadow effect followed by Super Extended Extreme mascara for fuller lashes.
- Apply a blush in pink shades like Rose Lustre shade of Ideal luminous blush for a healthy glow.
- Complete the look with Avon’s Extra Lasting Lipstick – Totally Twig shade.
- To get the correct winter look use warmer colours or add a lot of gloss to lighter shades.
- Follow a regime of Cleansing, Toning, Moisturizing and SPF (CTMP) to maintain a healthy glow.
- To buy a perfect foundation that will suit your skin colour, you must try the foundation on your jaw line and buy the one that blends with you skin.
- Start with an Eye shadow, depending your colour of your clothes.
- Blend it well to get a balanced effect.
- Swipe a lot of mascara as the eye shadow needs to be light.
- Apply Avon’s Earthen Rose blush on your cheekbones.
- Complete the look by applying Totally Kissable Lipstick in Deep Orchid shade.
- Try to keep the colour of the blush close to your skin tone.
- While using a darker lipstick either apply it directly or use a lipstick brush.
- To get that red carpet look pair with a black dress/gown.
A college festival needs a team and more importantly a leader to run the show. She’s the girl seen running around the campus, getting things done and allotting tasks. She requires a tamed look which is smart and spunky, formal yet fun. Get the best of both worlds with the Elle 18 Nail Pops.
- Step 1: Start your day by drinking a glass of warm water with a pinch of lemon. Not just great for your lips but wonderful for your skin!
- Step 2: Before you step out of the house for your busy day, apply a full layer of the Elle 18- Juicy Lip balm. Take your pick from any of the 6 yummy juicy gorgeous shades.. It is important to use a lip balm which has SPF as your lips get chapped due to the harmful rays of the sun
- Step 3: Drink lots of water! No matter where you are carry a 500ml bottle of water to keep your lips hydrated
- Step 4: Avoid licking your lips. It’s a great feeling to do it but since lips do not have oil secreting glands, they dry up faster and make them harsher
- Step 5: Keep reapplying your lip balm whenever you get a five minute break!
- Step 6: Pucker up and practice that gorgeous smile!
Elle 18- New Stylish Range
- Ditch the boring black kohl for every outfit- It’s time to dial up the drama element with eye sparklers in vibrant colours of purple, silver,blue and grey. Even better, team it up with the kajal.
- The not-so-conventional one’s amongst you can add a warm brown eye shadow along the crease, apply some mascara on your lashes and kohl on the inner rim.
Keep Calm on the Face+ Shiny on the Lips
- Opt for Elle 18’s Sleek Glow Foundation which will make your face glow and ensure a perfect finish.Rub it onto your cheekbones and blend upwards towards your eye for a glowing rosy complexion. It will help your makeup stay locked in place and keep it from evaporating too quickly.
- If you want to keep it simple, go for shiny lips that will make heads turn at any puja! Elle 18’s Strawberry Blast Lip Smoothie goes brilliantly with any lip smoothie to ensure your lips look soft and pouty all day.
Let your lips do the talking
- A rich textured color palette with shades of red, mauve, maroon, plum, coral are every festive season’s hot favorites and every girl’s ‘go to’ look for any occasion. Enjoy those lip smacking Diwali delicacies and ensure your lips do more than just that, by applying Elle 18’s color pops like Strawberry Falls or Rosy Blush to seal your lips with care and colour.
- Pale lips are also a huge trend this season. So if you decide to go wild in the eyes then go nude on the lips. You can try Elle 18’s Vanilla Heat Lip Smoothie to achieve this look.
So go all out and look gorgeous this festive season.
Mughal Rani Collection
- Mughal Rani Chandelier necklace pendent: MRP Rs. 1,499
- Mughal Rani Chandelier earrings: MRP Rs. 1,899
- Necklace and Earring set: MRP :Rs3299 (verify from brochure)
Flavors of India
South India Collection: Collection inspired from Temples of South India
- The Kashumala necklace and earring set comes in antique look with Laxmi goddess coin in necklace and earrings.
- The Temple Nakkashi necklace and earring set depicts a long haaram style of South Indian temple dancers. It has embossed motifs in antique finish which comes with faux ruby and emerald beads.
The collection comprises of Rajasthani kundan style. It is a marvelous example of craftsmanship which represents a fair picture of Rajasthan’s glorious and vibrant culture. The collection subsumes Jodha Necklace set, Ambi Ring and Kundan Borla (Rajasthani Maang Tika). It can be worn in many occasion ranging from festivals to weddings. The appeal of kundan makes it attractive and wearable
My Words: This collection looks amazing, isn’t it? This eye-alluring neck-pieces and mesmerizing rings have tempted me totally. What’s your opinion ladies?